This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Management and Planning (OMAP), Division of Information Technology (DIT). The Branch of Information Technology (BIT) located in Washington, DC. BIT is responsible for providing computer systems, IT security, hardware, and software support to the OIG. This includes providing supporting infrastructure for the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of the nation-wide OIG information systems.Learn more about this agency
1. Functions as a technical expert to top management on new information technology developments, recommending new IT policies/systems for implementation in the OIG in developing specific plans to integrate these developments into the current systems or in developing long range-recommendations.
2. Responsible for ensuring that agency data governance processes, policies, and procedures are followed and enforced.
3. Develops IT strategy and drives organizational change.
4. Serves as a member of special study groups formed to collect, analyze, and formulate recommendations for improved operational support and IT initiatives that will maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of information technology services provided to the OIG.
5. Monitors and ensures the performance and availability of OIG systems and their associated databases.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel will be base on the needs of the Agency.
14 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee, at higher level, and supervisory approval.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523383600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.