- The incumbent of this position serves as the Deputy Director, Counterintelligence (CI) Directorate, and a senior intelligence evaluator/integrator/advisor for the CI Director and DSS.
- This position is in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601, Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System.
- Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
As a Senior Counterintelligence Advisor, IP-0301-00 you will be responsible for:
- Representing the CI Directorate as the Deputy Director.
- Providing focused recommendations to Director, CI concerning all aspects of CI. This includes interpreting national level, DoD and Service policies, programs and doctrine, and recommending initiation of appropriate procedures.
- Preparing/Conducting assessments of the effectiveness of DSS' employment of integrated DoD CI assets in determining threats. In this regard, the incumbent is expected to develop alternative programmatic or policy approaches for consideration of the Director, DSS.
- As appropriate, maintains liaison with programming, budgeting, technical, and requirements staffs within the Intelligence Community, OSD principals, and external organizations such as those in the Office of Management and Budget and Congressional Staff.
- Reviewing Industrial Security Program for consistency and adherence to Director, DSS and DoD priorities. In this capacity, the incumbent reviews requests to initiate new programs and recommends significant changes to existing CI activities, especially strategies that are flexible and responsible in meeting the unique needs of DSS.
- Contributing to the DSS Executive Steering Committee to ensure an integrated and enterprise approach in accomplishing DSS mission objectives. In support of the DSS Strategic Plan, execute its strategy and oversee implementation progress throughout any given performance cycle.
- Developing financial strategies and resource policies for the CI function at DSS. Authors appeals to Congressional marks.
- Representing the Director, DSS on interagency panels, committees, and working groups.
- Performing special projects at the behest of the Director, DSS or Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and keeps abreast of intelligence activities and related disciplines that impact defense intelligence initiatives.
Occasional travel - Duties of position may require temporary duty travel and/or local travel. Must possess drivers license.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523379300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.