Area of Consideration: All Sources
Contact the Albuquerque Area IHS Recruiter
Michelle Aguilar Bowser
Phone: 505-256-6731 or
This Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of application throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the register and referred for consideration when vacancies occur.
Your application will expire 3 months from application date and you must reapply to keep your application active.Learn more about this agency
The Physician positions are located within the Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service, which there may not be immediate vacancies at all duty locations. The incumbent provides consultative and/or direct medical services within their specialized areas to inpatients and/or outpatients health centers or hospitals. Provides direct care/services to neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. Serves on appropriate hospital committees as directed. Has a high degree of freedom for inpatient care within established guidelines, policies and concepts of good medical practice.
- Physician duties include taking history, physical examination, ordering appropriate laboratory and x-ray procedures, interpretation and synthesis of clinical data, formulate therapeutic programs, convey information to patients and their families, support of patients and families in times of illness, and timely maintenance of adequate records detailing patient care activities.
- Determines when services of a specialist are required to treat unusual cases; makes necessary arrangements for admission of patients to the appropriate hospital.
- As required, makes daily rounds to assure that effective coordination of services exists and that optimum patient care is being rendered; renders care as needed, and as scheduled on call for urgent care.
- Conducts initial and periodic health examinations for making diagnoses, and prescribes/implements treatments as required to correct these defects; administers immunizations to patients in compliance with established IHS and Albuquerque Area policy.
- Participates in Service Unit and Area meetings to develop new, modify existing, and evaluate medical procedures relative to patient care with the objective of improving the quality of patient care; participates with the business office and credentials staff to ensure that Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, and all other professional registrations remain current.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523080400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.