You will serve as a Naval Architect in the Structures Division, Ship Integrity and Performance Engineering Group (SEA 05P), Naval Systems Engineering Directorate of NAVSEA HQ. This announcement seeks to fill 2 vacancies supporting surface ship/aircraft carrier structures and 1 vacancy supporting submarine structures.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide engineering management of surface ship or submarine structural design issues supporting Technical Authority.
- You will plan and oversee the development and application of structural requirements, characterizations, predictions and performance assessments for in-service assets and new acquisition programs as directed.
- You will plan and oversee the execution of performance, risk, and affordability tradeoffs for high priority and high visibility structures-related design and research and development issues.
- You will develop and maintain Navy technical policy concerning structural integrity designs and assessments.
- You will perform and direct technical teams to support evaluations, structural design requirements, specifications, system designs and analyses, design criteria, design products, design waivers, assessments and life cycle engineering efforts.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522892000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.