This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), The Planning, Accountability, and Reporting Staff (PARS) provides leadership to the agency in strategic planning, performance measurement, evaluation, and reporting.Learn more about this agency
Note: These positions may be relocated outside the Washington, DC area to a location to be determined.
Major Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides advice and serves as the focal point for agency and national strategic planning and accountability and policy analysis for research, education, and extension programs of NIFA.
- Investigates and develops new methodologies for assessing, evaluating, and measuring the impact of research, education, and extension programs, especially considering the difficulty of measuring and evaluating the medium- and long-term outcomes of these programs.
- Motivates and guides employees, ensuring staff is appropriately utilized and developed, and adapting leadership style to various situations.
- Plans, conducts, and/or participates in workshops with NIFA and university cooperators to facilitate a common understanding and application of impact assessment efforts for compliance with congressionally mandated accountability requirements under GPRA, GPRAMA, and AREERA.
- Responds to customers and partners’ questions and concerns.
Occasional travel - Approximately 20% of travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522850300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.