About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the ST-APF-W2TZ05 HUMAN RES MANAGEMENT DIR.Learn more about this agency
ANNOUNCEMENT AMENDED TO CHANGE CLOSING DATE FROM 02/15/2019 TO 02/08/2019.
- Serve as Special Security Officer (SSO) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Administration.
- Provide expert and authoritative advice and recommendations to the Command Security Manager (CSM) for all SCI Administration-related matters.
- Interpret and adapt guidelines, Executive Orders, directives, regulations and work directions for application to specific security requirements and problems.
- Interpret SCI Administration policy for application to specific security requirements and problems as they apply to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of the Army and Army Futures Command (AFC).
- Review, analyze and recommend positive courses of actions to unique organizational mission SCI-related security problems not resolvable by application of standard regulatory requirements.
- Solutions developed often result in new/improved security methods, approaches or procedures.
- Serve as alternate Special Access Program (SAP) Security Specialist for AFC.
- Conduct security oversight inspections and staff-assistance visits as they pertain to SCI Administration management throughout AFC.
- Validate individuals are eligible for SCI and SAP access. Evaluate derogatory information and notifications of unfavorable action; make recommendations regarding access decisions, to include interim access and termination of access.
- Conduct annual SAP SCI refresher training for AFC personnel. Conduct pre-publication review of all SCI material. Conduct Foreign Travel briefings and maintain applicable reports.
- Facilitate preliminary inquiries for security incidents involving potential disclosure of SCI material. Prepare, process, and coordinate Co-Utilization of Agreement (CUA) for SCI Facilities (SCIFs) and SAP Facilities (SAPFs).
- Complete, submit and update SAP and SCIF accreditation requests for both ACOMs and non-ACOMs. Ensure only SCI cleared individuals are granted access to SCIFs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 20% business based travel per year.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522814800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.