Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a student trainee who has been appointed to the Pathways Program with on-the-job training and guidance to further student technical development in law.
- With supervision, performs tasks that are developmental and recurring in nature that require application of basic occupational field theory and principles in the technical area of legal services.
- With supervision, conducts investigations to obtain evidentiary data and recommend an agency course of action. Analyzes information or data gleaned from investigation, documents findings, and prepares recommendation.
- With supervision, prepares interpretative and administrative orders, rules, or regulations to give effect to the provisions of governing statues or other requirements of law.
- With guidance, drafts, negotiates, or examines contracts or other legal documents required by the agency's activities. Drafts, prepares formal comments, or otherwise makes substantive recommendations with respect to proposed legislation.
- Edits and prepares for publication statues enacted by Congress and opinions or decisions of a court, commission, or board. Drafts and reviews decisions for consideration and adoption by agency officials.
- Works closely with senior attorneys, assists in the performance of legal research, analysis of legal decisions, opinions, rulings, memoranda, and other legal decisions, prepares/writes digests of points of law involved.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in performance of official duty.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522730700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.