You will serve as a Technician in the Minor and Medium Caliber Gun Branch of NAVSURFWARCEN IHEODTECHDIV.Learn more about this agency
- You will participate as a NAVSEA Minor or Medium Caliber In Service Engineering Group member and contribute to a team with the knowledge and skills required to perform installation, repair, overhaul, and conversion of gun systems.
- You will conduct Naval Minor and Medium Caliber gun pre-fire checks, live fire exercises, post fire and periodic weapon maintenance, and weapon inventory accountability actions.
- You will participate in providing In-Service Engineering support and representation of the Minor and Medium Caliber Gun Branch during the manufacture, installation, repair, overhaul, and conversion of NAVSEA Minor and Medium Caliber Guns.
- You will provide advice to managers, supervisors, peers, and sponsors on specific technical aspects of Naval Minor and Medium Caliber gun systems or concept development
- You will perform Naval operations supporting shipboard alteration and installation planning, coordination, and execution.
- You will utilize basic electrical tools and troubleshoot electrical components, cables, and/or issues with minor or medium caliber gun weapon systems aboard and off the ship.
- You will perform pre-operational checks on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- You will lead Naval Minor and Medium Caliber gunnery tactical operations and training events.
- You will read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and electrical schematics.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522472600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.