This position is located in Defense Information Systems Agency's Office of the Director, Investigation Branch (IG11) at Ft Meade, MD.Learn more about this agency
- Conduct administrative investigations involving allegations of irregularities, fraud, conflicts of interest, and improprieties on the part of members of the military service, civilian employees, and persons contracting with the Agency.
- Conduct investigations with extreme tact and discretion since premature disclosure of evidence could impede the investigation or unjustly affect the reputation of innocent persons.
- Analyzes and evaluates evidence, distinguishes fact from hearsay and provides reports of investigations containing statements and summaries of facts based on evidential documents, records, and affidavits.
- Identify violations of Federal statutes, investigate wrongdoing, preserve evidence, ensure the Constitutional rights of suspects and witnesses during an investigation, and present findings applicable officials for action and/or prosecution.
- Plans and executes special inquiries and assignments originating from the requests by DODIG or Director, frequently involving sensitive matters, and may require coordination with other agencies.
- Develops, establishes, and evaluates policies governing the conduct of DISA investigative activities and operations Agency wide.
- Represents the Chief, Investigation Branch, in day to day investigative-oriented operations and in such other occasions as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522379800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.