This position is in the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and part of the Architect of the Capitol (AOC). The OIG provides wide-ranging support on all phases of Inspector General (IG) oversight to combat fraud, waste and abuse and encourage efficiency and economy. The primary purpose of this position is to perform evaluations in accordance with the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), Quality Standards for Inspections and Evaluations (I&E).Learn more about this agency
At the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), we are proud to be ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Our employees are passionate about AOC’s mission to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America’s Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. AOC is a legislative branch agency, the recognized authority for the preservation, maintenance and construction of the world’s most iconic treasures and buildings on Capitol Hill. As a global destination for thousands of visitors every day, Capitol Hill intersects history, architecture and art with the birthplace of our nation’s laws.
This position is in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and part of the Architect of the Capitol (AOC). The OIG provides wide-ranging support on all phases of Inspector General (IG) oversight to combat fraud, waste and abuse and encourage efficiency and economy.
The Evaluator will bring strong research, analytical, quality control and program review skills and have knowledge of The Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) Standards for Evaluations, Investigations and Audits. The Evaluator will perform developmental assignments under closer than normal supervision and assignments become progressively more difficult until the full-performance level is reached.
- Assisting in developing, planning, leading, executing and coordinating inspections, evaluations and program reviews at government and contractor facilities.
- Participating in the review and development of findings and recommendations to management, which may include rationale for cancellation or significant changes in the scope of projects.
- Gathering, analyzing and interpreting statistical data related to design, integration, testing and sustainment and performing objective reviews of government and contractor performed functions to verify the adequacy, effectiveness and compliance to the written statement of work and or contract(s) or other governing directives.
- Identifying and meeting with individuals both within and outside the Agency who may have information relating to the evaluation topic.
- Developing, testing and evaluating techniques to improve the rapidity, validity and reliability of evaluations. Evaluates the strengths and weakness of the data sources used in the evaluation process.
- Conducting reviews of OIG work products and providing the OIG staff technical quality advice for all programs to include quality assurance issues on staff’s assigned projects.
- Conducting quality reviews under the direction of the supervisor, of OIG work products as assigned and providing constructive feedback to facilitate improvement in internal OIG operations.
- Briefing and presenting written reports to high level government officials in a clear, concise, timely and objective manner.
Incumbent may be subject to 24-hr on-call in the event of an emergency and may require irregular working hours.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522205400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.