Learn more about this agency
This Position is located at WMD Department, Intelligence and Plans Directorate.
As a INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serving as a nuclear/radiological subject-matter expert and technical authority with a focus on current/near-term events, plans, developments and trends pertaining to the proliferation of WMD and nuclear/radiological events; issues impacting nuclear weapons security; force protection; and force operability and survivability against a broad spectrum of nuclear, biological, chemical and other WMD events.
- Initiating projects, and planning, organizing, directing, and/or conducting analysis of broadly defined and interrelated areas of intelligence and technical issues pertaining to WMD threats to US and allied nations.
- As the subject matter expert, planning, organizing and conducting applied research on specific intelligence issues pertaining to WMD threats to US and allied nations; providing written input to reports being prepared for dissemination to Agency leadership its personnel, Combatant Commands and the IC.
- Conducting advanced analytical research on foreign nuclear weapons capabilities and programs to fulfill requirements; coordinating pertinent information closely with Agency Directorates, and others in IC.
- Analyzing , evaluating, and disseminating information on political, social, economic, cultural, physical, geographic, scientific, or military conditions, trends, and forces in foreign and domestic areas that directly or indirectly affect national security and the proliferation of chemical materials of concern and chemical weapons.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522167100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.