The Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) is the public face of the Department of State for millions of people around the world. CA is responsible for the welfare and protection of U.S. citizens abroad, for the issuance of passports and other travel documentation to citizens and nationals, and for the protection of U.S. border security and the facilitation of legitimate travel to the United States.
This position serves as the Assistant Director (working title) of the Honolulu Passport Agency.Learn more about this agency
- Assists in managing the passport agency/center to which assigned by providing expert direction, assistance, and support for all operations and activities.
- Provides program direction to adjudicative staff engaged in applying passport acceptance procedures, evaluating documentary evidence, and adjudicating claims of U.S. citizenship based on a wide range of complex laws and judicial decisions.
- Plans and manages the document integrity and anti-fraud program within the agency/center.
- Exercises the full range full range of supervisory responsibilities and authorities, as delegated by the Agency Director, to ensure that the work of the agency/center is accomplished in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Represents the Bureau of Consular Affairs in dealing with state and local government officials, officials of other federal agencies, and in public relations with media, travel industry, and citizen groups.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521713900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.