Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a professional mechanical engineer, performing operations and maintenance (O&M) engineering duties in support of a military installation.
- Perform operations and maintenance (O/M) engineering involving design and construction that encompass the maintenance, repair, upgrade and operation of infrastructure facilities, utilizing knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Regularly inspect/survey facilities to identify deficiencies for incorporation into the infrastructure maintenance plan to counteract the aging of infrastructure facilities/utilities.
- Provide mechanical engineering assistance on solving current job problems and/or in-shop planning. Provide oversight/assistance in the determination of the requirements and frequencies for the Recurring Work Program (RWP).
- Apply knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination required to ensure all design considerations have been addressed.
- Work involves designing, evaluating, constructing, commissioning, decommissioning, operating, and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration systems, plumbing and piping systems and equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521594100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.