**NOTE: This announcement has been extended to 02/12/2019.**Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Audiology and Speech Pathology Service at the James H. Quillen VA Medical Center, Mountain Home, TN. The duties and responsibilities are carried out throughout the medical center including all clinical and other patient care areas involved with the service.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities of an audiologist at the full performance level, the audiologist at this level is engaged in research activities. Time allocated to research will be determined in accordance with MCM 151-11-0 I Policy for Allocation of Research Time.
- Eligible for and seeks funding as a principal investigator or co-principal investigator from VA, NIH, or comparably rigorous intramural or extramural research programs.
- Responsible for formulating or conducting research on problems of considerable scope and complexity.
- Works with substantial freedom and independence in identifying, defining, and selecting problems for study.
- Maintains an active research program with IRB and R&D approved research protocols.
- Mature, competent, and productive as measured by publications and presentations at national scientific meetings.
- Maintains an academic appointment at East Tennessee State University.
- Supervises doctoral students in the Audiology clinic.
- The audiologist conducts and coordinates all aspects of diagnostic evaluation and treatment of hearing impairment and/or balance disorders, including the selection and fitting of hearing aids or other amplification devices, aural (auditory) rehabilitation, and counseling of hearing impaired veterans and their families.
- The incumbent serves as a consultant to other facility personnel involving the most difficult and complex cases and is recognized subject matter expert on matters related to hearing, or tinnitus and balance disorders.
- The incumbent may perform ancillary assignments, including program management duties on an occasional basis, where the complexity and amount of work is not substantial.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 7:45am-4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521584600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.