This Human Resources (HR) Specialist position is located in the DoD OIG Mission Support Team (MST), Human Capital Management (HCM), Staffing and Classification Division.Learn more about this agency
- Works with hiring officials to develop recruitment strategy and job analysis; ensures compliance with OPM standards and relevant laws, regulation and policy.
- Manages or administers Human Resources (HR) functions and processes for recruitment and staffing.
- Maintains awareness of and performs research in human resources law, regulation and policy; determines effect on OIG and HCM operations and recommends methods to address new requirements and integrate them into current operations.
- Conducts or participates in special projects or studies in areas of responsibility; develops project plans and objectives; conducts projects; documents results and provides recommendations to HCM leadership.
- Participates in planning sessions with HCM leadership and staff, advising on issues in areas of responsibility.
- Uses electronic and manual information systems to include internal reporting requirements such as metrics.
- Enters, retrieves, and tracks information and produces reports; identifies, documents, and resolves a myriad of staffing issues.
- Works with hiring managers throughout the recruitment, staffing, and selection process; serves as the forward facing POC for assigned customers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521520800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.