This position is located in Defense Information Systems Agency,DBC/Cyber Development Directorate-DMZ Protection Branch at Fort MeadeLearn more about this agency
- Plans, organizes, directs, and accomplishes studies, analyses and evaluations of plans, programs, projects, policies, and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to technical specialists in areas such as security lifecycle, network communication, and systems development, and documentation.
- Exercises responsibility and control over a mixture of civilian and military information systems technical personnel.
- Performs Technical Task Monitor duties, responsible for developing statements of work, acquisition packages, deliverable evaluations, and vendor performance.
- Ensures DOD and DISA security policies, procedures, and practices are adhered to when providing engineering solutions to all projects.
- Conducts testing of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and Government off the Shelf (GOTS) information assurance software.
- Develops test plans, develops test, establishes test environments within IA/NetOps test laboratory, and implements test plans to ensure required application and security functions are tested for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides consultation and instruction on complex database and file accessing techniques, search strategies, database security procedures, and testing techniques.
- Researches the applicability of new technological developments in the field to solve continuing problems or meet future needs of the Defense Information Infrastructure.
- Provides advice to decision-makers in setting program goals and establishing priorities to support the development of policy and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521460400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.