The employee serves as a principal representative for complex public health programs or projects. Provides substantive program advice and assistance and is responsible for carrying out significant program activities in Federal, state and local settings.Learn more about this agency
As a Public Health Advisor, you will:
- Serve as a principal representative responsible for coordinated controversial, unconventional, or novel public health related matters between and among Federal, local, state, and international agencies addressing public health issues.
- Identify public health product problems and issues as they relate to unsafe or ineffective use by lay users or health professionals.
- Research and analyze the causes of product problems that are caused by a variety of factors.
- Establish and or apply evaluation criteria and standards for multiple programs to measure monitor and ensure standards of adequacy, legal and regulatory compliance requirements, and program effectiveness are met.
- Design, develop, implement, manage and evaluate all aspects of a complex, politically sensitive, or developmental special project or program within an assigned area.
- Perform difficult and complex advisory and assistance functions.
- Provide comprehensive technical and administrative advice and assistance to an assigned domestic or international project or program.
- Plan, implement and present training systems for health practitioners, researchers, and other professionals
- Conduct and/or assist in the development and delivery of training courses (e.g., community planning, prevention and intervention, outreach strategies, data collection, etc.); and assists with special studies and/or demonstrations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521355100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.