About the Position: Civil Engineer performing professional engineering work in the preparation of civil, structural, and architectural designs, drawings, and specifications for construction, alteration, renovation, addition, and rehabilitation projects primarily for roads, bridges, and ground improvements.Learn more about this agency
This is a Temporary position which is not to exceed 12 months and may be extended up to a total of 3 years.
- Act as lead engineer and coordinator for projects involving other engineering disciplines.
- Serve as sole designer for projects involving complex civil, structural, foundations/soils, or site problems requiring extensive research or broad application of engineering principles.
- Prepare design criteria for new or repair construction of roadways and asphalt areas; major and minor modifications, alterations, renovations, or repairs to existing facilities and utility systems.
- Conduct studies and devise plans and methods for meeting the project objective and develop design criteria applicable to the project.
- Prepare plans and specifications for modifications to existing facilities or utilities as required to support additional loads or capacities determined through analysis and evaluation of system requirements and capabilities.
- Review designs prepared by architect-engineers for technical adequacy, compliance with Government standards, conformance with best engineering practice, and satisfaction of the project objective for alteration, construction, and repair projects.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting to trades personnel in areas such as wood or steel construction, base/top course preparation and road paving, concrete practice, utilities systems operations or components, and similar areas.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is 5 percent on an annual basis.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521331000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.