OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Review. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
The Management & Program Analyst (Senior Analyst / Analyst-in-Charge), is responsible for planning and conducting performance audits, reviews, inspections, or evaluations of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs, functions, and operations. It is located in the Office of Audit & Evaluation, Bay Pines, FL (referred to as the St. Petersburg Audit Operations Division).
As a Management & Program Analyst, you will:
- Prepare and conduct program surveys and evaluations to address specific objectives.
- Ensure that work papers are accurate, complete and correct and are prepared in accordance with OAE procedures and the Government Accountability Office Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), or the Council of the Inspector General on Integrity and Efficiency Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluations.
- Perform complex studies, research, and detailed analysis for audit topics that potentially lead to high interest projects.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on broad projects and programs with overarching impact.
- Evaluate the adequacy of operations, procedures, and training.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521315600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.