The Office of Human Resources’ mission is to make the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration an employer of choice and a leader in Employee Relations/ Labor Relations. We develop strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the FMCSA mission.
Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (ER & LR), you will:
- Conduct administrative investigations when necessary, examines Douglas Factors, drafts documents, and ensure that all the steps in disciplinary actions comply with laws, regulations, policies, and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Track, and respond to Unfair Labor Practices (ULPs), grievances, demand to bargains, and Information Request; lead discussion to facilitate compromise between management and the union.
- Develop and propose solutions to conflicts which are agreeable to both employees and managers; provides information to employees regarding rights and obligations under regulations, laws and merit system principles; conducts reviews of Employee and Labor Relations programs.
- Develop and review the performance standards and completed performance appraisals; identify inadequate standards containing undefined job elements and/or improperly prepared appraisals.
- Advise management and draft responses to union grievances, explain the various steps within the grievance procedures and develop potential compromise solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in conflict resolution techniques sufficient to interact in occasional highly charged emotional situations because of delicate of highly contested case matters and determinations.
Occasional travel - Some travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520995100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.