About the Position: This position is located at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Texas. Fort Hood is located in Central Texas between Killeen and Copperas Cove and is approximately 60 miles north of the capital city of Austin, 50 miles south of Waco, 160 miles south of Dallas and 150 miles north of San Antonio. Nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities.Learn more about this agency
- Perform a variety of maintenance duties for the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center (CRDAMC) and outlying medical, dental, and veterinary facilities.
- Conduct work assignments based on building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, drawings and repair manuals.
- Perform installation, repair, and troubleshooting of electrical wiring systems, circuits, and associated fixtures.
- Replace and repair distributions panels, bulbs, fuses, and fluorescent tubes.
- Lay brick in the construction and repair of foundations, walls and other interior and exterior surfaces and structures.
- Make repairs and installations of shower walls and floors, minor pluming work, and the replacement and repair of soap dispensers.
- Perform carpentry tasks to include assembling and prefabricating parts for roughly constructed shelves, benches, bins, storages sheds, etc.
- Replace and repair loose, warped, cracked or broken boards, porches, steps, floors, etc.
- Hang items such as white boards, panels, and shelves in administrative areas.
Occasional travel - This position requires overnight travel for business and/or training approximately 5% of the time
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520967700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.