The primary purpose of this position is to performs under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Religious Education. The Director of Religious Education (DRE) is responsible for a comprehensive Religious Education and Youth Ministry Program for Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA).Learn more about this agency
- The Senior Director of Religious Education and the Joint Base Senior Chaplain provides overall vision and identify broad areas of focus. The Supervisor and the Employee in consultation develop the deadlines and the work to be done.
- Employee exercises initiative and judgment in planning and implementing the Catholic religious education and youth programs.
- Work is evaluated on the basis of consistency with sound educational philosophy, fulfillment of program objectives, soundness of recommendations and achievement of effective solutions to problems.
- Responsible for a comprehensive religious education program for children, youth, adults, for sacramental preparation of persons of all ages, for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and Children.
- Responsible for a well balanced Youth Ministry Program that includes education, worship, outreach, and social activities.
- Ensures that authorized military personnel, reservists, and family members are afforded the free exercise of their religious beliefs.
- Advises the 502d Air Base Wing Joint Base Senior Chaplain, Joint Base Deputy Chaplains, and the Senior DRE regarding Religious Education and Youth Ministry programs.
- Plans and implements a comprehensive religious Education and youth Ministry program for authorized military members, authorized civilians, and their family members.
- Serves as focal point for implementation of religious education and youth ministry.
- Recruits volunteer workers, coaches and trains volunteers to promote effective mission accomplishment for all phases of the religious education and youth ministry program.
- Provides input to Senior Director of Religious Education and Joint Base Senior Chaplain for annual and monthly budgets for religious education and youth ministry materials and support activities.
- Ensures and makes provision for training and mentoring of religious education and youth ministry personnel. Participates in Installation-level training.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520845000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.