This position is located within the VA New England Health Care System's Library Services/Knowledge & Information Service (VISN1) in Boston, Massachusetts. The Librarian is a member of the VISN1 Librarians team and works closely with other VISN1 Librarians to collaboratively set policies, survey users, collect and analyze usage data, plan purchases and implement purchased e-content on VISN1 portals.Learn more about this agency
These positions involve a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-09 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to patrons - training users to locate and access eBooks and eJournals;
- Provides reference service to patrons - answering queries as team member of Librarians on Call (E-reference service);
- Maintains personal mastery of all information technologies and eResources, apps, databases, etc.;
- Triages document delivery requests while training and working with paraprofessionals doing document delivery and interlibrary loans;
- Adheres to compliance standards set forth by Copyright legislation;
- Communicates frequently and articulately with customer groups and teams to create and present focused training, engender collaboration, and assist information/knowledge needs, eScience Data, and translational medicine;
- Assists and supports the development of effective user aids and training (LibGuides, one on one, small group, webinars, embedded podcasts, screenshots, etc.);
- Develops effective and efficient instructional learning plans and modules for local educational credit;
- Develops effective user aids, training programs, plus employs pro-active local marketing/promotion strategies to highlight wide range of VISN 1 resources;
- Teaches and/or develops information tools, knowledge resources, and/or services that focus on building clinical information literacy, knowledge management, and clinical decision making skills;
- Assists in the compilation of usage, cost and effectiveness statistics on all e-content and VISN 1 Library Services;
- Works on statistical reports and works to improve quality and/or identify opportunities for redesign; and,
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520432200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.