About the Position: Sacramento is a progressive city with great pride in its ethnic and cultural diversity and emphasis on quality in the provision of governmental services.Sacramentoans enjoy professional ballet, theater, outstanding museums, one of the best small zoos in the country, and the NBA's Sacramento Kings.Home to the world's second largest urban forest (behind Paris), Sacramento sits just two hours between both San Francisco and Lake Tahoe, at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Chief, Geology Section, responsible for coordinating, supervising, and reviewing the work of the section in performing the assigned functions.
- This work covers examining and evaluating present and potential geologic conditions, including hazardous, toxic and radiological waste (HTRW) and groundwater conditions,
- for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of the Sacramento Districts Civil works and military construction programs.
- The supervisor, through subordinates, provides geologic support for urban planning and construction activities.
- The incumbent also advise District engineering functions including construction, operations, and project engineers;
- and provides assistance to other federal, local, and state agencies and activities involving geological studies and problems.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 15% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520060500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.