The Commission’s primary mission is to work within the framework created by the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) for the regulation of gaming activities conducted by tribes on Indian lands to fully realize IGRA’s goals: (1) promoting tribal economic development, self-sufficiency and strong tribal governments; (2) maintaining the integrity of the Indian gaming industry; and (3) ensuring that tribes are the primary beneficiaries of their gaming activities.Learn more about this agency
This is a part-time position.
This position is located in the Office of the General Counsel. Incumbent serves as the staff support for the Office of the General Counsel.
Major Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the attorneys, prepares administrative and appeal records and indexes, case files and other records or documents in support of enforcement actions, appellate review and other similar actions.
- Maintains and organizes files, databases, and office reports; prepares travel vouchers; maintains office calendar and timesheets. Inputs essential information into OGC tracking system/database.
- Initiates routine replies to inquiries concerning administrative matters, letters of acknowledgment and other routine correspondence or reports for the signature of the attorneys, General Counsel or Associate General Counsels, or signs documents as appropriate whenever they are absent or instruct the incumbent to do so.
- Provides administrative assistance to the attorneys, General Counsel and Associate General Counsels. Organizes, scans, photocopies and routes documents; reviews outgoing correspondence to assure accuracy; receives visitors and telephone calls; acts as a liaison among the staff of the Office; completes typing projects, memoranda; arranges conferences and meetings; prepares travel arrangements and related reimbursement documents; maintains Office calendar, assignments, and files; and serves as backup as appropriate to Commission support staff.
- Provides support to Office staff on an as-needed basis, particularly with regard to special projects and information searches or research. Provides clerical support and special projects as assigned.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties associated with completing the tasks listed above.
This position is in the excepted service and not subject to competitive service procedures. Competitive Civil Service status is not acquired under this appointment. New appointees to the excepted service must serve a two year trial period. Merit Promotion procedures do not apply.
The National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) has determined that the duties of this position are not suitable for telework.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519189100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.