This position is locatedLearn more about this agency
This position is located on a Forest Service unit where the incumbent performs a wide variety of activities in planning and implementing a comprehensive public affairs program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Jared Baker at (270) 921-2195 or at email@example.com.
- Plans, directs, and implements a comprehensive public affairs program for the unit.
- Analyzes or supervises the analysis and evaluation of public comments on Forest Service management issues.
- Makes recommendations on best techniques to use in organizing analysis and evaluation process.
- Monitors public participation posture and public's perception of that posture.
- Makes recommendations to management on new methods or procedures that will better involve the public and help interested persons recognize that their comments are being used in the decision making process.
- Writes, edits, and prepares news releases and programs for press, radio, and television.
- Writes, edits, and supervises the organization and layout of publications and other informational material used in the public affairs program and ensures that they conform to Agency and Government guidelines.
- Responsible for informing interested publics, including other agencies, organizations, and individuals, of Forest Service activities and programs.
- Coordinates the public participation program which is designed to involve interested publics in the decision making processes.
- Advises managers as to the most effective methods of collecting and analyzing public comments.
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with media representatives in the unit's zone of influence
- Contact with print and broadcast media on a regional and national level is required for some issues which generate regional or national interest.
- Organizes and conducts public meetings, workshops, field trips, or other forums designed to foster public participation.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for meetings and trainings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519030200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.