The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.Learn more about this agency
This position must be placed in a VA facility.
The position is located in Infrastructure Operations (IO). Serving as Director of Unified Communications Infrastructure Support (UCIS), responsible for performing managerial and supervisory functions, providing direction, guidance and oversight on all aspects of telephony and video operations.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist PD#17644-0
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary in nature. No special physical demands are required.
Promotion Potential: N/A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- Represents the Executive Director, Infrastructure Operations on all matters related to operations of the OIT unified communications portfolio of services.
- Develops, adapts and leads implementation of new unified communications concepts, policies, processes, best practices, and requirements.
- Ensures that VA's strategic plan, mission, and values are integrated into Infrastructure Operations unified communications strategies, objectives, plans, work products and services and other government agencies as necessary.
- Facilitates and supports cross-organizational workgroups as necessary to enable the Infrastructure Operations unified communications mission.
- Oversees supervisors who are responsible for setting priorities and reviewing work; assigns work; finds ways to improve work methods and productivity and quality.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occassionally for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518888800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.