Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
Federal Wage System (FWS) Salary Table for "Rest of US" (RUS) has been provided for your use and information. Salaries may vary dependent upon grade level and location selected. Please refer to the Salary Table link for more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
Link to FWS Qualifications for additional information:
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems, i.e., AcqDemo (pay scales are found at OPM.gov). All positions, dependent upon grade levels being filled, may require some level of related experience or education. NOTE: New appointment shall be made at the minimum rate of the appropriate grade unless regulatory guidance permits otherwise.
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
You are applying to a resume database, your resume and any documents submitted will be retained and may be used at any time during the open period of this Public Notice.
When a position is requested to be filled under the Direct Hire Authority, a list of applicants may be provided to management for review and possible selection.
You will not receive any notifications and your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a position is requested to be filled.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems.
This public notice may be used to fill one or more vacancies at any time without notification.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to the grade level. This public notice may also be used to fill target grades (e.g. WG-08 Target WG-10).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- Incumbent may be required to obtain and maintain appropriate background investigation or security clearance
- PCS expenses, if authorized, may be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- Some positions may be drug testing designated positions. The incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and may be required to participate in random drug testing.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee may be required to obtain and maintain certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Appointment may be contingent upon passing a physical examination.
- Dependent upon the position and grade being filled, additional conditions may be required
- Physical demands and work environment of the position/s vary dependent upon the position and grade being filled.
- May be required to drive a motor vehicle. A valid driver's license may be required for the position.
QualificationsEXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information refer to this FWS qualifications link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/ . Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for all trade and labor occupations, you must meet any minimum experience or training requirements per OPM qualifications standards and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The DETAILED description of your work experience in your personal resume must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position and grade being filled. When qualifying based on education and/or training, all transcripts and/or certifications must be submitted at the time of application.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Applicants must be US Citizens and proof (such as Birth Certificate, passport, naturalization papers, etc.) will be required during in-processing.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Certain Military Spouses are also eligible to apply under E.O. 13473. More information is available at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/veterans-authorities/#url=Appointment-of-Military-Spouses.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full namer.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series, you must submit copies of your transcripts with your application
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF-15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).The SF-15 can be found at: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf. For more information regarding veterans' preference please go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 11/09/2019.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10370510
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10370510.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
NOTE: Applications are only accepted through USAJobs.gov or by following the "Alternate Application" instructions in the How to Apply section, per the instructions above. Please do not send/submit your application package to this office as it is not an acceptable form of application. This office does not accept applications via hand carry, email, office fax, or mail via U.S Postal, UPS or FedEx.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
3001 Staff Drive
Tinker AFB, OK 73145
Upon the submission of your application package to USAJobs.gov, you will receive an automatic reply from OPM informing you that your application has been submitted, received and is being processed.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging the receipt of your application. Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
You will not receive any additional notifications and your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a position is requested to be filled. After you submit your application, you will be contacted only if further evaluation or interviews are required or upon selection.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518858900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.