The successful candidate will serve as a Primary Care ensuring the quality and timeliness of services provided, customer satisfaction and compliance with the standards of accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission and the Inspector General's Combined Assessment Program. He/she is to ensure appropriate use of the available resources, and will be responsible for the state-of-the-art standards of care in a Primary Care Clinic. He/she will collaborate with other services as appropriate.Learn more about this agency
The Primary Care provider is responsible for the provision of appropriate medical treatment and management of general medical problems of adult patients in primary care setting. Patients assigned to primary care clinics will be seen on an outpatient basis.
Duties will include:
-Treatment and professional directives as outlines in the privileges, as noted in our credentialing process; some of which are listed below:
- Primary evaluation of applicants for care at the medical center including history and physical examination, ordering of pertinent laboratory and radiology tests, and initial diagnosis and disposition of these patients.
- Obtain appropriate consultation from the specialists and communicate pertinent medical information to other health care providers/institutions.
- Enter all reports for incorporation into the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) on the day of the visit and will satisfy VHA and medical center policies and JCAHO requirement for documentation. The physician must possess computer skills to access and input typed data on each patient in CPRS utilized by the VA. Orientation to CPRS will be provided by the VA.
- Prescribe medications for patients according to the established drug formulary at this facility. Variance form the formulary should occur only when clinically indicated and in compliance with the procedures established.
- Any administrative requirement for referral and/or transfer to another medical facility will be completed by VA personnel and approved by the Chief of Staff or designee prior to transfer.
- Perform services within VA policies and procedures and the regulations of the medical staff by-laws of the VA facility.
"We offer the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) for these positions. You can reduce your qualifying school loan debt with this VHA loan reimbursement program worth up to 40,000 dollars a year for up to 5 years, a $200,000 benefit."
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
EDRP is authorized for this position.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518857800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.