This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Deputy Inspector General for Administrative Investigations, Whistleblower - Reprisal Investigations (WRI). As an Investigator you will be responsible for conducting and overseeing Investigations of Whistleblower Reprisal.Learn more about this agency
As an Investigator (Whistleblower Reprisal), GS-1810-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Conducts on-site investigations of allegations of whistleblower reprisal and military restriction
- Interviews complainants using complaint intake procedures, takes sworn, recorded testimony, and collects documentary evidence
- Develops investigative plans for all investigations including coordinating travel arrangements and notifying appropriate officials
- Analyzes evidence and findings of facts, draws conclusions and all recommendations
- Drafts written reports, presents analyses, findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Tracks and provides follow-up inquiries concerning corrective actions from investigative findings by the Military Departments or Defense Agencies; ensures corrective actions are documented in case files
- Leads team of investigators; assigning and reallocating duties, mentoring, reviewing and approving other investigator's work, when required
- Performs oversight reviews of investigation reports, documents for whistleblower reprisal, restriction and improper mental health evaluation allegations
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 20% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518762400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.