This position is located at the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Family Medicine Clinic. The hospital opened in 2011 and incorporates natural themes throughout the hospital. It is 1.2 million square feet and features 2 parking garages (with 3,500 spaces), 5 buildings, a 7-story inpatient tower, 120 state-of-the-art single inpatient rooms, 430 exam rooms, 4 ambulatory clinical centers, and several clinics/centers/subspecialties.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- As a Practical Nurse, you will provide nursing care to patients.
- Take vital signs.
- Monitor/observe patients.
- Prepare pateints for tests/exams.
- Perform minor treatement procedures, such as: basic wound care, oxygen and nebulizer treatments, managing IV's, etc.
- Set up medical supplies and equipment for procedures.
- Clean up exam/treatment rooms, medical instruments/supplies, and the supply cabinets.
- Utilize an electronic medical/healthcare system to input or retrieve data in the patient's medical record/chart.
- Educate patients on health, disease management, and test results.
- Communicate with patients on a regular basis via phone and secure messaging.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518541000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.