This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead IT Specialist(INFOSEC/NETWORK) at the GS-2210-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Lead subject matter expert on cyber red team vulnerability assessments.
- Performs red cyber assessment operations by exploiting computer components and architectures, including the functions of various components and peripherals, basic programming concepts, assembly code, TCP/IP, OSI models, underlying networking protocols, security hardware, and software options including the network artifacts they induce.
- Provide technical vision and Information Technology expertise for NE-MAR and serves as the lead, responsible for the researching, analyzing, prototyping, recommending, planning, developing, engineering, and implementing the Division's methodologies, authorities, permissions, and equipment for conducting cyber assessments on all assigned programs.
- Develops computer, network, and vulnerability scanning solutions or engineering architectures at all classification levels for the Division.
- Responsible for all work involving planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for cyber red team assessments within the Division.
- Represents the Division Chief as an authoritative expert with outside organizations, working groups, and leadership councils within the Department of Defense and non-Department of Defense Agencies and Activities as it relates to IT cybersecurity and networking.
- Prepares, tracks and ensures the NE-MAR division maintains all required documentation, audit, personnel certifications, training and verifications to maintain National Security Agency and STRATCOM certifications and operational Close Access Network Team activities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518520300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.