The incumbent of this position serves as a Supervisory Auditor (Audit Manager) in the Office of Audits, Middle East Region Operations, within the Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the Department of State. The OIG has statutory oversight responsibility covering the Department of State and the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG). This organization within OIG has responsibility for planning, conducting, supervising, and coordinating audits in overseas posts and domestic locations.Learn more about this agency
Under the general supervision of an Division Director, the incumbents duties and responsibilities include:
• Supervising a number of Auditors and/or Management Analysts in carrying out individual audits, that comprise of the comprehensive audit program of the specific division to which assigned.
• Continuing supervision of the Auditors and/or Management Analyst who have been assigned to the incumbent as members of a team in order to carry out specific audits or management reviews.
• Developing proposals and recommendations for consideration by the Division Director/DAIG on specific subject-matter areas that should be covered in audits and management reviews.
• Participating with other supervisory staff and the Director in planning a comprehensive audit program for the office and/or division.
• Developing a detailed audit plan for the audits.
• Providing continuous on-site leadership for the conduct of many of the assigned audits, and making decisions, when possible, in connection with specific problems and issues that may arise.
• Ensuring that audits, related system reviews and internal control assessments are performed with technical proficiency, in a timely manner, and in accordance with the standards set by the Comptroller General.
• Recommending the expansion or conclusion of an audit based on judgments regarding existing finding and reviewing/commenting on work papers and reviewing/editing the audit report segments provided by individual team members to ensure conformance with overall report writing policies and standards of the Inspector General.
• Effectively representing the OIG in communicating and negotiating the acceptance of audit findings and recommendations by maintaining relationships with staff members and officials of the audited department or Broadcasting Board of Governors entities.
• Carrying out a range of supervisory responsibilities which include interviewing candidates for positions; making assignments based on priorities and capabilities of team members; evaluating team members and preparing formal performance appraisals; Identify training and development needs of staff and carrying out all Equal Employment Opportunity requirements of the department.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518406800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.