This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
This is a Solicitation of Interest is to create a pool of candidates to fill an excepted service Administratively Determined (AD) position at Marine Corps University (MCU), Training and Education Command, Quantico, Virginia. The purpose of this AD-09 administrative faculty position is to serve as Director History Division and General Alfred M. Gray Marine Corps Research Center. The Director is responsible for the following major functional areas:
- Supervises a staff of approximately sixty civilian employees, interns, and volunteers engaged in history division operations, library operations, archival operations, conference center operations, as well as related administrative, logistical, and fiscal support functions.
- Supervises the production of Marine Corps historical works and studies that supports the Marine Corps story as a whole.
- Provides guidance and oversight in the formulation of strategic plans and policies pertaining to historical support throughout the Marine Corps.
- Advises the Commandant of the Marine Corps on historical background relevant to events and projected actions impacting the Marine Corps.
- Provides a full range of historical support to Marine Corps operating and supporting establishment commands, agencies, field historical offices, and schools.
- Responsible for the professional quality of the entire Marine Corps history publication effort to include the production and distribution of all Marine Corps University Press publications and documents.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518314100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.