The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER DO? As a Senior Manager, generally a manager of managers and accountable to a Senior Executive Service position, you will be responsible for the overall effective operation of a program. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques in the administration, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluation of activities to support accomplishments in the operation. In this role, you will also be responsible for preparation of annual work plans, semiannual and quarterly work schedules, accession schedules for staffing, production output projections, and other plans and controls for maintaining an efficient program. As a Senior Manager you will direct one of many agency wide efforts to deliver or further support the agency's mission and priorities, and will often times be involved in initiatives with extensive and substantial impact on the Nations taxpayers.
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Exercise delegated managerial authority to oversee the overall planning, directing, and timely execution of a program, several program segments (each of which is managed through separate subordinate organizational units), or comparable staff functions, including development, assignment, and higher level clearance of goals and objectives for supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational unit or lower organizational levels.
- Approve multi year and longer range work plans developed by the supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational units and subsequently manage the overall work to enhance achievement of the goals and objectives.
- Oversee the revision of long range plans, goals and objectives for the work directed.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in levels of appropriations or other legislated changes.
- Manage organizational changes throughout the organization directed, or major change to the structure and content of the program or program segments directed.
- Exercise discretionary authority to approve the allocation and distribution of funds in the organizations budget.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518079600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.