This is a Work At Home (WAH) position assigned to the Area Census Office (ACO) in McAllen, TX. The Initial duty station is the selectee's home address (work-from-home position) until the opening of the Area Census Office (ACO) in McAllen, TX. At that time the employee will report to the ACO as their regular place of work.
To be considered, applicants MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE in the McAllen local Commuting area.
Relocation will not be paid.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Directly supervise approximately 10-15 Census Field Supervisors and approximately 3-5 clerks.
- Provide group and individual training, monitors daily assignments and provides advice and guidance to subordinate staff.
- Maintain effective public relations with the community within the office boundaries, such as the local news media, community leaders and organizations, and local government officials.
- Establish an effective working relationship with traditionally hard to enumerate populations or with specific populations indigenous to the area within the office boundaries which incumbent is responsible for, including community, religious, or other characteristics.
- Assure that specific levels of quality and progress of field operations are being met through analysis of various computer-generated reports and observation.
- Review and analyze cost, quality, and progress reports to assure operations are coordinated within prescribed time allocations and quality and cost-efficient standards.
- Fluently speak Spanish in order to make and answer calls that may come from the Spanish population and organizations that service the Spanish community in the Area Census Office (ACO) geographical area.
- Present information to audiences that predominately speak Spanish and translate and develop targeted information and promotional materials from Spanish to English and English to Spanish when necessary.
76% or greater - 85% overnight travel required approximately 4 to 6 months.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518069000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.