Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General!!Learn more about this agency
The Department of Justice is the Nation's Top Law Enforcement agency and is ranked by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the top to work in the federal government! The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General is one of the premier federal inspector general offices with a prestigious team of professionals.
If you are selected as the Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Special Agent in Charge), your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to: enforcement and administrative activities within the field office jurisdiction). Working assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Special Agent in Charge (SAC) and will be responsible for oversight of all criminal and administrative investigations related to all assigned components within the Department of Justice, to include, but not limited to, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Marshal's Service, and the U.S. Attorneys' Offices.
- Provides management, direction, and supervision to Criminal Investigators engaged in investigations of the most critical or sensitive importance; ensures that the review of all reports of investigations (criminal and non-criminal) are in compliance with applicable policy, procedures, standards and format; and ensures that all aspects of allegations have been properly investigated and documented.
- Performs the administrative and human resources management functions relative to the staff supervised. Plans, schedules, and assigns work to subordinates.
- Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members; provides feedback and periodically evaluates employee performance. Performs long and short-range planning, making work assignments and adjustments to accomplish the work of the office.
- Interviews applicants, recommends selection or non-selection, develops performance standards and recommends promotions, awards and training.
25% or less - Travel is expected at 25% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517997300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.