This vacancy is for multiple Geographer positions in the Associate Director for Decennial Census Programs area, located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland..
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Geographer, GG-0150-9/11/12 positions in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Use geographic concepts, tools, and systems to update address listing systems and databases and/or produce geographic and cartographic products.
- Write technical documents, letters, papers, and presentations for audiences of various levels and expertise.
- Conduct and facilitate discussions, meetings, presentations with a variety of staff and stakeholders to gather and disseminate information.
- Manage geographic projects by developing and monitoring requirements and specifications, schedules, deliverables, and communications to meet the goals of the organization.
- Identify and analyze problems with geographic projects, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, make recommendations, and implement procedures to achieve objectives.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517992400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.