About the Position: This is an excepted service appointment. If a current federal employee with career or career conditional status is hired for this position, the employee will be required to sign a memorandum of understanding prior to being converted to the excepted service.Learn more about this agency
Fort Irwin is a world class training center for America's Soldiers, known for its excellent desert training and vast recreational opportunities.
- Advise Garrison Chaplain on multiple faith groups for medium size installation; providing guidance on matters of religious education, youth ministry, administration, and coordination of the program.
- Review and evaluate religious education and youth ministry needs and programs to develop curriculum, theological instruction, teacher training and volunteer requirements and advise on appropriate courses of action to improve programming.
- Guide and train both Religious education and youth ministry specialists on leadership and instruction skills.
- Review policies from higher headquarters and advise on actions necessary to establish policy framework for religious education and youth ministry.
- Assess religious education needs of enlisted personnel, married couples, noncommissioned officers, officers, military, civilians, family members, contractors and retirees through use of surveys, questionnaires and personal community involvement.
- Determine requirements for specific faith classes/courses and establish their priority in view of available time and resources, project schedules and relationship to the objectives of the total education program under constantly changing situations.
- Develop appropriated and non-appropriated portion of the Garrison Chaplain's Master Religious Program budgeting and planning document.
- Establish requirement and distribute information on deployment resources for all faith groups and coordinate with regional joint service religious education and youth ministry networks.
Occasional travel - Temporary duty travel (TDY) will be up to 10% in performance of duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517988300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.