This position is located at the USDA Forest Service Regional Office located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.Learn more about this agency
The employee is responsible for developing creative methods and techniques to communicate the Region's programs, policies and activities to key news media, congressional members and their staffs, other interested parties, as well as internal audiences.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Charles Reger at (304) 285-1524 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advises the Director, Regional Forester, RO Staff, and the Forests on existing and emerging issues and their implications for Forest Service management and policies.
- Prepares in-depth analyses and other information needed by the Region in developing strategy for addressing critical and complex issues.
- Plans, organizes, and assists in development of the regional public affairs program.
- Identifies and recommends news media, congressional forums, and partner venues and opportunities to gain increased public support and enhanced two-way communication with national forest users and the general public.
- Evaluates national forest issues and management programs; analyzes public reaction; and, recommends methods of minimizing misconceptions and improving understanding of Regional and National policies.
- Manages the assigned program and carries out assignments independently, resolving conflicts, coordinating the work with others as required
- Assures the delivery of new initiatives or programs through public affairs delivery programs, such as graphics, speeches, and communication plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to attend training and media events.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517329300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.