Learn more about this agency
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) provides legal advice and counsel to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and other ODNI officials on a wide range of legal issues to include intelligence and national security law; procurement and acquisition law; personnel law; government ethics, budget, and fiscal law; general administrative law; legislative support; government information practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- Independently conduct moderately complex research and analysis using all available resources on subjects affecting ODNI's duties and responsibilities under the National Security Act, Presidential directives, Executive Orders, and other related laws and policies; analyze statutes, regulations and other information to determine relevance, accuracy, completeness, inconsistencies, or importance.
- Respond to routine and moderately complex legal inquiries by drafting legal correspondence and memoranda as well as affidavits, declarations, regulations, bulletins, notices, claims summaries and notices, and summaries of legal research and analysis that are grammatically correct, technically sound, accurate, and concise.
- Present informal briefings on limited topics to small audiences; prepare slide presentations and statistical data for use by attorneys.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating activities related to the preparation and submission of files or documents related to United States (US) Government-wide and IC-wide policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, and standards.
- Update and maintain databases, files, notebooks, and logs (e.g., case files, trial notebooks, case assignment notebooks) in compliance with pre-existing storage systems and procedures.
- Complete moderately-complex administrative forms and paperwork and function as a note taker during moderately complex depositions, administrative hearings, trials, or meetings.
- Will directly support one or more areas, including litigation, legislation and congressional affairs, or ethics. Additional Duties:
- Provide backup support to the Chief of Staff on an as needed basis. These duties include, though not limited to, processing HR actions and participating in contract and budget drills.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the IC Legal Conference, the IC Legal Reference Book, the GC Forum, OGC's file management, and publication of updated legal reference books.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517073600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.