About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.Learn more about this agency
The pay band NH-03 includes the General Schedule grade equivalent to GS-12/13.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities.
- Provides management of and leadership to a multi-functional Program Support Team consisting of Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians, Supply Chain Management Specialists, and Contracting personnel.
- Represents the CMO as the single point of contact to the buying commands for the most complex complete major weapons systems, defined as Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAP).
- Advises on policies, procedures, and technical aspects of surveillance programs assigned to insure effective CMO mission accomplishment.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating group efforts, for reviewing, evaluating and solving complex cross-functional program oriented problems
- Focal point for all cross-functional aspects of contract administration effort on the subcontractor/supplier CMO to avoid problems and to expeditiously fulfill all requirements.
- Reviews, amends, accepts/rejects the completed work of team members. Provides initial data to the responsible supervisor concerning performance, commendation, future work plans, and further training and development needs of team members.
- Responsible for collecting functional specialist input; analyzing, synthesizing, and synopsizing this input; and providing an integrated DCMA assessment of the contractor?s program performance and recommendations for future programmatic efforts.
- Participates with customers on reviews with the responsibility to analyze policies, procedures, and contractor or operational performance in the program management mission area of contract compliance or providing program support.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 10 percent of the time
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516782900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.