This position is located in the Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections (RRFAC), Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Smithsonian Institution. The incumbent applies comprehensive and current archival principles, concepts, standards, best practices, and methodologies to identify and assess the Archives' archival audiovisual recordings and develops, implements, and sustains a sound archival and sustainable collections management plan.Learn more about this agency
- Reviews, evaluates, documents, recommends, develops and implements current and emerging standards for the preservation, description and access of audiovisual archival materials in a wide variety of digital and analog formats.
- Procures and maintains equipment and special supplies for preserving and providing access to the RRFAC's audiovisual materials.
- Identifies, surveys, evaluates, assesses, and prioritizes the current backlog of audiovisual items, series, and collections.
- Processes archival collections with audiovisual materials by organizing, arranging, describing, and preparing EAD finding aids according to current archival standards.
- Reviews and documents restrictions, permission issues and copyright for audiovisual materials.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516657800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.