FBI Special Agents apply their professional experience and unique skill sets to their work every day. Because technology permeates every aspect of what we do, our Agents come from all IT backgrounds: network information, cybersecurity, computer science, digital forensics and other technical specialties. We need professionals experienced in network security, computer science and software engineering to prevent cybercrimes, data theft, ransomware and other attacks to our national security.Learn more about this agency
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
Valued skills that can help you succeed at the FBI:
- BA/BS degree (preferably in computer science, engineering, data science, information technology or similar disciplines).
- A deep understanding of the deployment, administration and support of information and computing infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and nontechnical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated technical expertise.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Be detail-oriented, yet able to keep a strategic focus.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
- Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
- The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent on position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515489500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.