The job announcement opening period has been extended to Friday, November 9 at 11:59 pm EST.Learn more about this agency
These positions are in the Office of Management and Policy (OMP). OMP formulates and executes the OIG budget; coordinates development of the OIG long-range strategic plan and oversees OIG performance measurement and reporting systems; establish OIG wide administrative policies and procedures; and provides OIG with information technology (IT), human capital and administrative support services.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Student Trainee (Program Analyst) GS-7, the incumbent will:
As a Student Trainee (Program Analyst) GS-9, the incumbent will:
- Continue learning and gaining experience in the fundamentals, concepts, principles, practices, and procedures of program analysis through work experience.
- Perform assigned qualitative and quantitative program analysis and research assignments related to Departmental programs.
- Participate in the program operations to identify potential program weaknesses and opportunities to improve program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in developing and applying appropriate qualitative and quantitative evaluation techniques to achieve defined study objectives.
- Prepare assigned parts of work plans and draft reports based on sound research and evidence based data.
- Participate as a team member to contribute to work planning and preparing progress reviews of currently assigned work.
- Provide basic recommendations for improving current work activities and methods.
- Gather and organize narrative and statistical information using established qualitative and quantitative methods, techniques, and models, such as questionnaire, interviews, standard computer software applications, and data trends. Programs are reviewed and studied to identify problems in duplication, overlapping and continued need.
- Apply a full range and sequence of qualitative and quantitative analytical steps appropriate for assigned studies, or portion of studies, from planning through fact-finding to reporting results.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of Medicare, Medicaid, and public health and human service programs to identify program vulnerabilities and potential waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Develop draft findings and recommendations for modifying, revising, or implementing procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs under review.
- Extract and compile data from a variety of sources and uses statistical applications in the evaluation process.
- Provide assistance on program operations to senior program analyst and program staff for effective implementation of office goals and priorities.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative methods for assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of a health care program, or a segment of a program; program policies, practices and procedures. Use qualitative and quantitative methods to assess program toward goals and objectives.You must meet all eligibility requirements for the OIG Internship Program and all qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515189600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.