This Department of Health and Human Services position is located in the newly formed Division of Research, Innovations, and Ventures (DRIVe) within the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a component of the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response (ASPR).Learn more about this agency
The DRIVe Director will support the ASPR mission to Save Lives and Protect Americans by using innovative and transformational technology-based solutions to solve critical and complex health care challenges.
- Use vision and strategic and scientific leadership to create programs that transform medical countermeasures and how they are made and used.
- Pursue imaginative and innovative research and development projects with the potential to have a significant positive impact on national health care challenges and meet live-saving national security needs.
- Identify promising MCMs and technology investment priorities and advance research and development strategies through public and private partnerships and collaborations with governmental and non-governmental organizations and other funding partners.
- Communicate programmatic priorities, funding opportunities and models, and business practices to diverse audiences that include industry, governmental and non-governmental organizations, funding partners, and the general public.
- Identify new business practices and funding mechanisms to increase efficiency and effectiveness in meeting programmatic objectives.
- Organize, direct, and manage all human, financial, and informational resources to implement a comprehensive strategy that delivers effective high quality programs.
Occasional travel - - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515065900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.