You will serve as the Collection Data Manager in the Curator Branch of NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND. Curator Branch manages the headquarters historic artifact collection and the Command-wide collections management database, EMu. Curator Branch establishes the Command-wide standards for data entry and use of the database.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and management of the collections data stored in Department of the Navy Heritage Asset Management System/Department of the Navy Collections Management System (DONCOMS).
- You will ensure that all registry settings are correctly functioning, standardized data fields are established, and work with stakeholders to identify data standardizastion and user training requirements.
- You will serve as the staff expert in the use of the collections management database, working closely with the IT staff responsible for the technical maintenance of the system.
- You will assist the Registrar with artifact inventories, ensuring that all procedures maximize the capabilities of DONCOMS.
- You will be responsible for reviewing data to be imported into the collection management database and successfully completing those imports.
- You will provide training for users appropriate to their user group permissions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514642100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.