- OPPORTUNITY: The AO is seeking applicants for the Volunteer Student Internship Program. The opportunity is intended to provide valuable work experience and better prepare students interested in a public service career.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement. Learn more about this agency
The AO is presently looking for students with backgrounds and/or demonstrated interest in the following areas: human resources, public affairs, law, business administration (marketing, budget, accounting, etc.), and information technology. The student will have an opportunity to improve his or her writing, research, analytical, logical, multi-tasking, and customer-service skills. Additionally, student volunteers are provided with several networking opportunities with fellow interns, agency employees, and other government employers. Past intern events have included:
- A luncheon with fellow AO student interns and the Manager for Special Recruitment.
- Attend various job fairs and field trips
- Training opportunities designed to assist interns in skill development
The AO is committed to attracting the best and brightest applicants in our support of the third branch of government. We take pride in serving the Judicial Branch and supporting its mission to provide equal justice under law.
The incumbent will be an undergraduate or graduate student and have technical experience working with hardware and software applications within the MS Windows environment. The incumbent will have the ability to interact with managers and co-workers at all levels, and the ability to prioritize and adhere to time sensitive schedules. Duties include, but may not be limited to
1. Researching products and processes that can increase efficiency and support essential business functions
2. Installing, configuring and upgrading software and hardware on laptops;
3. Testing equipment for programs and seminars (projectors, routers, laptops, portable printers & scanners);
4. Maintaining and updating inventory of IT equipment;
5. Setting up laptops/projectors for in-house conferences and meetings;
6. Setting up and managing users accounts on Windows OS; and
7. Troubleshooting and resolving wired and wireless connectivity issues on laptops.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513858200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.