If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoDOIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and serve the public interest. The DoD offers a full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.Learn more about this agency
- Independently conducts sensitive, complex investigations into allegations involving senior DoD officials, and other special reviews as directed.
- Determines investigative issues and scope of each case from written documents.
- Produces written reports of investigation containing facts and evidence established in each case; an in depth analysis of the evidence in light of applicable law, rule and regulation; conclusions regarding the propriety of the action(s) at issue.
- Conducts oversight reviews of senior official investigations conducted by Inspectors General of the Military Departments and Defense Agencies.
- Briefs DoD OIG management, other senior DoD officials, Members of Congress and their staffs on the status and results of investigations, oversight reviews, and special reviews.
- Reviews incoming complaints against DoD senior officials and makes course of action recommendations to Investigations of Senior officials (ISO) leadership.
- Conducts sensitive and complex senior official investigations into allegations against senior officials within the DoD.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513679400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.