When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate performs key program implementation of the FEMA geographic information systems (GIS) initiatives and operations. This position starts at a salary of $81,548 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Response Directorate team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will work as a Geospatial Analyst. The incumbent performs key program implementation of the FEMA geographic information systems (GIS) initiatives and operations.
Typical assignments include:
- Performs activities in operational areas such as analysis and production; modeling; data management; innovation, tools development, coordination and dissemination; advocacy; remote sensing; and technology awareness.
- Provides key project assistance in the development of program standards, doctrine, training, exercises, FEMA Qualification System (FQS) requirements, and program awareness throughout the agency.
- Compiles analytical summaries and recommendations. Formulates reports and correspondence. Briefs customers on geospatial capabilities and activities.
- Assignments frequently require detailed coordination efforts with a variety of other FEMA HQ, Regional, and field organizations.
- Determines and manages customer expectations for products. Coordinates with appropriate geospatial stakeholders to prevent duplication of effort and to promote information sharing. Briefs customers on geospatial capabilities and activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513506500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.